Switchvox SMB 5.9 Release Notes
The Switchboard includes a new WebRTC feature-preview: a Video Call panel in the Switchboard. The panel offers a WebRTC video communication between two Switchvox users.
If both people are using the supported web browser (Chrome 35.x), and have an attached camera and microphone, a video call can be initiated from a Phonebook entry in the Switchboard. For details, see the knowledgebase article.
- To address CVE-2014-6271 (the 'shellshock' bug), bash packages are now updated. There is no specific indication that this could be exploited in Switchvox but the packages are updated as a precaution.
- High memory usage generated under specific circumstances has been reduced.
- Switching to E1 for a telephony card now correctly manages the channel count.
- A phone extension now correctly receives an email message when an inbound fax to the extension is not saved in the voicemail mailbox.
- Alert Notification emails are no longer sent against a false alarm of a problem storing voicemail.
- Converged phones are now correctly logging into a queue as the phone's main extension.
- In IVRs, variables containing whitespace can now be concatenated without truncating the string.
- Calls using the Extend API call creation methods and Switchvox Mobile App for smartphones no longer fail when using certain SIP Providers.
- Round robin voicemail forwarding is now forwarding messages in the correct order.
- The Salesforce panel in the Switchboard now handles long Salesforce usernames.
- Time frames now require an end date when there is a start date. To indicate just one day, enter the same date for both start and end dates.
- User call rules with ring all or cascade actions now correctly log all queue members out of the queue, based on the queue's auto log-off queue settting.
- User-initiated call recordings no longer fail because of Force Minimum Recording Length in scheduled recording settings.
- When using a French language/locale, backups no longer fail, and using the voicemail access extension to change a voicemail greeting no longer fails.
- The default outgoing call rule "Toll Free" can now be correctly edited and saved.
- For Digium Phones: Extension permissions for Send VM, Ignore, and voicemail forwarding are now applied correctly on the phone.
NOTE: This article describes version 5.9 (68742). Previous version is 5.8.5
, later version is 5.10