This article describes Switchvox version 6.2 (80424): new features, changes, and issues resolved.
See also: Known Issues.
Updating to version 6.2 requires that you already be on version 6.1.2. See the article Correct Switchvox SMB Software Upgrade Path for the full path of required updates.
Call-Control Options for Queues
New Call-Control options in the Switchboard let you
- Move a call to the top of the queue.
- Assign a call to a specific queue-member.
- Answer a call. This can be used even if you are not a member of the queue, or not logged in, but the call is removed from the queue. To ensure the call is retained in the queue for reporting, assign the call to yourself instead of using Answer Now.
- Log a member out of a queue. (This does not include the ability to log in, pause, or un-pause for a member who is not yourself.)
Call Control options require Call Control
Permission in that queue.
Queue Overview Wallboard
A Switchboard “Wallboard” widget offers a larger visual display of the Overview widget.
Additional Queue Tools
- A new Queue Log, called Queue-Member Log-Ins, shows queue-member's in, out, pause, and un-pause activities. The notes on each entry includes the text of a pause note, or the extension that logged the member out (if it was not the member).
- An Agent Status Indicator on a Digium Phone's Rapid Dial Key now lights up in a more helpful way: the light is now green when logged in, and red when logged out.
The Switchboard's multimedia chat lets you communicate with a customer or coworker using voice, video, screensharing, or text.
Multimedia chat lets you share the camera or the screen on your desktop or laptop computer, and includes a text chat. You must use the Google Chrome
web browser, and screensharing requires Digium's Chrome screensharing extension.
Admin Rapid Dial Lists
The Rapid Dial Lists feature for Switchvox administrators lets you set up one or more Rapid Dial Lists, and assign a list to one or more extensions. (Tools > Rapid Dial Lists)
Most Rapid Dial List entries work just as they would if they had been entered into the phone-user's own Rapid Dial page. But the Agent Status Indicator is slightly different. Once the list is assigned to an extension, the indicator entry uses that extension number for logging in and out of the queue and showing status on that phone.
To assign a Rapid Dial List, use the phone extension's Common Phone Settings.
Caller ID Improvements
The Caller ID that a Switchvox user sees should now reflect the name and number of the other person in the conversation (in previous version of Switchvox, this was not true in some scenarios). For example, on assisted transfers, you should always see the name and number of the person you're talking to, rather than the person who transferred the call to you. This is also true for a ringing call; the caller ID should reflect the person you will speak to when you answer the call.
Calls coming from outside Switchvox retain their original caller ID, even after being transferred or parked. If the call comes into Switchvox and an extension's call rules cascade or ring all to a Switchvox user's external phone number, Switchvox makes every attempt to send the caller ID of the outside caller. That way, the caller ID reflects the person you will speak to when you answer the call.
Support for Digium Phones 6X Series
Support for Digium's new D65, D62, and D60 phones is available in this version.
- ICMP is now required to subscriptions.switchvox.com and updates.switchvox.com as part of software updates after 6.2. Firewall changes may be necessary if ICMP is currently disabled on the network by default. Please review the current Firewall/NAT Checklist for the latest information.
- Logs and Reports all have export options for XML, XLS, and Charts (as appropriate).
- SIP Phone extension management tabs: a new Assignments tab covers Groups, Switchboard Layouts, Contact Tags.
- Switchvox Rescue tools and service has been removed.
- Queue ringing strategy defaults to Round Robin for creating a new queue extension. This does not affect existing queues, only creating a queue.
- The Switchboard's Queue Member Activity widget now displays all extension information when the member is on a call.
- The Switchboard's My Calls widget no longer has a greyed-out Hold button after the call has been placed on hold and resumed.
- Switchboard Layouts can now be copied and saved successfully.
- Switchboard custom widgets are now refreshing correctly on internal calls.
- Calls to a Simple Conference Room are now correctly displayed in the Switchboard My Calls widget.
- After a call is forwarded to another extension, it can now be successfully blind transferred to another extension.
- Call rules are now followed correctly when a call is blind transferred to an extension that cascades to another extension then sends to voicemail.
- A cascade call rule with an external number listed first no longer fails to properly cascade to the second number.
- A cascade call rule with call acknowledgment is no longer disconnected when the call is answered but not acknowledged.
- InCall Menu blind transfers now work correctly for incoming calls that are cascaded to a converged external number.
- Calls in a queue no longer get stuck in an announcement state under particular circumstances.
- Calls in a queue are no longer dropped when assisted transferred into a second queue and completed before the second member receives the call.
- Uploading mp3 files for custom Music on Hold no longer fails for mp3 files with a particular encoding.
- Call Recording Schedules are now recording correctly for calls over a Peered Switchvox.
- Particular Polycom phone models no longer beep continuously when voicemail is received.
- Incoming calls from external numbers without caller ID no longer show as Switchvox's IP address (or as a queue name when attempting to reach a queue member).
- Event triggers no longer fail to trigger for calls that have been parked.
- Calls on a Polycom phone that are assisted transferred to a queue and completed once a queue member answers no longer continue to be active on the phone that transferred the call.
NOTE: This article describes version 6.2 (80424). Previous version is 6.1.2
, later version is 6.2.1